Communities and Justice

Children’s Court Clinic Assessment

Access to a Children’s Court Clinic Assessment report by a PSP provider can generally only be provided with leave of the Children’s Court. Exceptions include where the assessment report is an annexure or attachment to the child’s care plan.

The Department seeks leave of the Children’s Court to provide the report to the PSP provider. The departmental legal officer or external legal practitioner makes the application during proceedings and before final orders are made. PSP providers may also apply directly to the registrar of the Children’s Court for leave to obtain a copy of the Children’s Court Clinic Assessment report, in particular in cases where final orders are in place and the proceedings have concluded.

Last updated:

19 Feb 2023