Communities and Justice

Sexual violence support services

If you or someone you know are in immediate danger, call the Police on Triple Zero (000).

Support is available if you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence.

NSW Police

Contact your local NSW Police station.

If you have been sexually assaulted, you can report it to the police. It is always your choice if you want to report sexual assault to Police. There are no time limitations on reporting sexual assault to the Police. There are Police Officers who are specially trained to investigate sexual assault.

You can also report anonymously using the Police’s online Sexual Assault Report Option (SARO) form. This option is not a formal report to the Police, but will be used to gather information on sexual offences and offending.

You can find more information on how to report sexual offences to NSW Police on their website

NSW Health Sexual Assault Services

Contact via your local hospital or visit the NSW Health Sexual Assault Services website.

NSW Health Sexual Assault Services provide 24/7 crisis counselling, information and support, medical care and forensic examination, ongoing counselling, group work and court preparation and support for anyone who has been sexually assaulted.

You do not have to report sexual violence to the Police to receive help from a NSW Health Sexual Assault Service.

Full Stop Australia: NSW Sexual Violence Helpline

Call 1800 424 017 or online chat

Full Stop Australia runs the NSW Sexual Violence Helpline: a 24/7 telephone and online chat service for anyone affected by sexual violence. They can provide counselling, information and referral.


Call 1800 737 732 or online chat.

1800RESPECT provides 24/7 support to people impacted by sexual violence, including safety planning, counselling, information, and referral.

Child Protection Helpline

Contact 13 21 11

The NSW Child Protection Helpline is open 24/7 and staffed by child protection caseworkers who will record any concerns you have about a child or young person. You can report information anonymously. Find out more about reporting to the Child Protection Helpline

Kids Helpline

Call Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 or visit

Kids Helpline provides free, confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling for young people aged 5 to 25.

NSW Victims Services

Call the Victims Access Line on 1800 633 063 or the Aboriginal Contact Line on 1800 019 123.

The Victims Access Line is the single entry point for victims of crime in NSW to access information, referrals, support and counselling. For more information, visit Victim Services.

Wirringa Baiya Aboriginal Women's Legal Centre

Call 1800 686 587 or visit

Wirringa Baiya provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women with access to appropriate legal representation, advocacy, advice, and referral.

Women's Legal Service NSW

Call the Women’s Legal Advice Line on (02) 8745 6988 or the First Nations Women’s Legal Contact Line on 1800 639 784.

Women’s Legal Service NSW provides free confidential legal information, advice and referrals for women in NSW. For more information, visit

Immigrant Women's Speakout Association

Call (02) 9635 8022 or visit

The Association provides information and referrals for immigrant and refugee women in NSW.

Justice Advocacy Service (JAS) – Intellectual Disability Rights Service

Call 1300 665 908 or visit

The JAS provides support for people with cognitive impairment who are in contact with the criminal justice system

Last updated:

13 Mar 2023